ABU Postgraduate Admission form for the 2023/2024 session is on sale. This is to inform the general public that online sale of the Ahmadu Bello University, (ABU) Zaria Postgraduate Application Forms for the 2023/2024 academic session has commenced.
All interested applicants should visit the Ahmadu Bello University website: spgs.abu.edu.ng/forms for available courses.
- An applicant for Postgraduate studies must have met the normal undergraduate requirements of at least five relevant O’ level credits or a combination of relevant O’ level credits and A ‘level qualifications (in a maximum of 2 sittings) such as IJMB, HND, HSC, NCE, etc. In all cases these must include a credit in O’ level English Language and Mathematics (where required).
- A holder of HND (minimum of an Upper Credit) or equivalent is ordinarily not qualified for Masters Admission except where he/she has acquired an additional qualification such as a PGD in the same or related field whereby he/she may be admitted.
- Applicants with 3rd class Degrees can, in some cases, be admitted, provided they possess additional relevant qualifications such as a PGD and/or post-graduation work experience (at least 5 years) acceptable to the University.
- Holders of Pass Degree or HND (lower than an Upper Credit) are not eligible for postgraduate studies in ABU.
- PhD applicants must hold a Master degree with a research thesis component (not project). Candidates with a CGPA score of less than 3.5 are not eligible for PhD admission.
- Where a PhD applicant is judged to be deficient, has a professional Master’s degree or Masters without a Thesis component, he/she maybe considered for an M.Phil.
- Applicants who earn a minimum CGPA of a 3.5 at the end of the M.Phil. programme shall be upgraded to proceed with the relevant PhD study.
- Applicants for PhD programmes are expected to liaise with the relevant departments/programmes prior to selection of their proposed research areas to ascertain the department’s capability to host their proposed study.
- Where a Master or PhD student is unable to complete his/her study within the stipulated time, such a student shall be awarded the relevant PGD or M.Phil. respectively (where applicable).
Additional Entry Requirements for Foreign Candidates
All foreign candidates must satisfy the following requirements, aside the normal entry requirements for every programme, before they can proceed with their studies in the University if offered admission:
Possession of the following documents:
- Admission Letter
- International Passport or ECOWAS Travel Certificate
- Valid VISA/STR (Subject to Regularization)
- Residence Permit
Failure to secure such documents will lead to suspension of all academic activities
Method of Application
1. The Cost of each application form Is Ten Thousand Naira (N10,000.00) only excluding bank charges.
2. The duration of the sale of application forms and submission from 29th May 2023 to 29th August 2023.
3. Ph.D Applicants Must Upload a Proposal of not more than 300 words on the intended research work.
4. Valid phone numbers and e-mail addresses of the applicants are mandatory
5. Please ensure that you have the basic entry requirements of Five O’Level credits Including English and Or Mathematics in not more than two sittings.
6. For further enquiries; Please contact our servicom and call centre on the following numbers: 09097635737, 08187370526, 08187370529 and email; email@example.com
Signed Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies.
Share This Post:
Leave a Reply