The Centre of African Studies offers 1 scholarship to African nationals as part of the Governance for Development in Africa Initiative funded by the Mo Ibrahim Foundation.
Applications are invited for PhD studentships focused on the area of state capacities, governance and bureaucracy for development. This may include projects designed to understand public sector governance capabilities, political settlements, state business relations, the governance of state owned enterprises, the governance of development policy design and implementation, and so on. But applications must focus on the public sector/state/civil service, on governance, and on development.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2023
Eligible Countries: Africa
Value of Award: Tuition fee
Number of Awards: Not Mentioned
Eligible Field of Studies:
- Applicants must be International students
- Applicants must have completed their undergraduate and masters degree program
- Applicants must have exceptional grades
- Applicants must be proficient in English Language
How to Apply: Please apply via this online application form.
Documents Required for Application
- a copy of the unconditional offer received from SOAS admissions office
- CV (please include your email address)
- 2 pages max statement outlining knowledge and interest in governance-related issues
- Your research proposal (as sent to the SOAS Admissions Office)
- one academic reference (to be sent directly by referee to [email protected])
Leave a Reply